Schwan's Company Short Haul Driver - Red Baron Pizza in Marshall, Minnesota
This is a full-time position with opportunities for advancement!
$2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Who we are!
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s®, Big Daddy’s®, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Pagoda® Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
What we are looking for:
The Short Haul Driver in Walton KY is responsible for driving semi-trailers short- haul distances and loading and unloading trailers. This position is also responsible for performing warehouse duties as necessary.
So what’s this job all about?
• Check tractor trailer for mechanical and safety issues mandated by the DOT
• Drive Tractor/Trailer (Shuttle) to other internal locations
• Move route trucks into place for loading/unloading
• Load/unload product from shuttle to route truck by truck number
• Download Hand Held Computer's (HHC) for sales. Print load exception/preorders by route truck
• Maintain trip and time records in compliance with federal requirements
• Stack skids or pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping and places in proper containers or designated areas
• Use the computer to dispense and receive complex information that includes product codes part numbers quantities locations comments etc
• Perform all necessary paperwork such as but not limited to Driver Vehicle Inspections
• Move materials through facility with the use of material handling equipment i.e. forklift pallet jack hoist crane ASRS etc
• Comply with all other federal state and local laws
• Comply with all company safety policies and procedures
• Responsible to conduct in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
What we want to do for you:
We offer eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to assist employees and their families with their financial security, health and well-being. In addition to a competitive base pay, we offer a variety of benefit programs.
• Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Plans
• Two weeks paid vacation + holidays for new hires
• Employee discounts on company products
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: 2 plus years of related work experience
• The ability to read understand and comply with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
• Possess basic computer skills
• A working knowledge of tractor/truck mechanics and maintenance
• The ability to read and follow road maps
• Excellent articulated vehicle backing skills
• Able to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with the general public to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language to respond to official inquiries and to make entries on reports and records
• Must possess and retain a valid class A Commercial Driver License (CDL)
• May require airbrake endorsement
• Must meet the Federal Department of Transportation eligibility requirements including appropriate driver's license and corresponding medical certification as a condition of employment for this position
If you’ve made it this far through the description, we think you should just apply already...
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected classes.