Schwan's Company Operational Excellence Analyst in Salina, Kansas
This poAt Schwan’s Company, we are a fast-paced, innovative team, focused on bringing delicious foods to our customers. If you’re passionate about food and creating a successful future, this is the place for you. Based in Minnesota, Schwan’s is a national, multibillion-dollar company that manufactures and markets quality foods through home-delivery, retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony's® and Freschetta® pizza, Mrs. Smith's® and Edwards® desserts, Pagoda® Asian-style snacks and Schwan's® home delivery. To learn more about Schwan's, visit www.SchwansCompany.com.
We are hiring an Operational Excellence Analyst for our Global Supply Chain team in Salina, KS. This position is responsible for identifying, developing, evaluating, and adapting innovative food processes and equipment. Creating new opportunities for increased capacity or operational improvement methods from idea to implementation
What you will get from us:
• Opportunity to grow with a world class food manufacturing company
• A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
• Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
• Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
• Leads process improvement initiatives to identify and eliminate waste and non-value added work utilizing manufacturing practices such as Lean Six Sigma and HPO.
• Provides support from a Manufacturing perspective in the development and validation of new capacity and processes.
• Develops proposals that include return on investment benefits and alternatives for special projects.
• Works closely with Plant personnel to develop or enhance new processes within the manufacturing facility.
• Assists in identifying bottleneck points in the value stream analysis and identifies projects for increasing capacity.
• Provides leadership and lean training to Plant personnel.
• Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct.
sition is responsible for identifying developing evaluating and adapting
Years of Experience: Typically 3-5 years of experience
Education: Associate degree or equivalent
Years of Related Experience: At least 3 years of industrial engineering or process improvement engineering related experience or Master's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field plus 1-2 years of industrial engineering process improvement engineering process development engineering or related experience.
Education: Bachelor degree required in Industrial Engineering Chemical Engineering Manufacturing Systems Engineering or related field; Masters preferred
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite MS Project and AutoCAD software; Understanding of general industrial process and control systems;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and successfully leverage internal and external resources;
• Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments able to prioritize and meet budgets deadlines and achieve objectives;
• Ability to lead cross-functional improvement teams;
• Effective communication and problem solving skills;
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information;
• Professional certifications and/or licenses with Six Sigma Lean and/or HPO preferred.
Job Type: Exempt
Business Unit: SFC Global Supply Chain, Inc.
Req #: 19000404